Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Dear Diary,

I feel bad. I haven't updated a whole bunch other than my Friday post. I've been trying to keep this blog upbeat and positive, but the last few weeks have been a bit stressful and well, annoying.

I know, I know... I've only been married for 25 days. It's not my marriage, or even my husband who is driving me bonkers. It's been our so-called "roommate", if that's what you can call him. What do you call someone who doesn't pay bills and mooches off of you? Storage space stealin' creepster.

I digress. I want to remain upbeat. haha.

Here's the deal. This kid has been living with us for just a shave under 3 months and hasn't paid a single bill. Not rent, power, cable, food. Not. A. Single. Bill. Husband and I were trying to be patient, help him find a job, get on his feet, get his life together. But it comes to a point when you're helping someone who simply does not want your help. And you have to give up and let them fall. That is what happened last night.

Now, I know this isn't a happy, cheery post... But I've been on a silver lining kick lately. While it sucks that we had to kick him out of the house last night in order to keep a grasp of our sanity, at least we finally get to live like newly-weds. And maybe this kid will find the motivation to improve his life. Maybe he'll see the light. Probably not... but maybe.

As with all experiences in life, we try to walk away with some new found knowledge. I have to take a step back, remove myself a little to get a better perspective. But wow. My husband has my back. I mean.. I knew he had my back, but I mean... he REALLY has my back. Also, this particular incident has brought forth some wisdom my father gave me many years ago. I didn't like... I still kinda don't. But damn if it isn't true.

Education isn't free. College classes cost a lot of money. Life costs even more. I guess I just paid for a lesson on life.

Thanks Dad.

1 comment: