Tuesday, November 2, 2010

2010 Election!

It's 7:30pm here in Oregon. Only another 30 minutes to place your vote here.

In Oregon, we do not have voter booths. Instead, we have mail in ballots. If you're a procrastinator and you don't get it done in time to mail it, there are boxes you can drop it off at. Very convenient, very quick. Turns out that it bumps your voter attendance up as well.

Now, I've waited this long to post about election day for one reason. I'm not here to tell you to vote.

I'm just here to brag that I did.

Women have only had the right to vote in the United States for 90 years. It was a big deal back in 1920 when the skirts hit the booths. Ever since, huge things have happened for women in America.

I just wanted to take a moment and give some acknowledgment to the women and their supporters who have made sure that my generation and many to come are treated equally and fairly. Thank you!

1 comment: